- modeling of single radiating elements for wireless communications (e.g., narrowband,
- modeling of arrays of radiating elements for wireless communications, radar and remote sensing;
- modeling of innovative antenna systems for ground and space communications applications;
- analysis of complex scenarios modelling the full wireless system, considering the interactions with the surrounding enviroment;
- modeling of complex wireless systems scenarios in the presence of biological bodies;
- modelling of metamaterialbased wireless systems for communications applications.
- exploitation of existing wireless communications devices for passive localization of targets;
- modelling of indoor and outdoor localization scenarios;
- testing of advanced methodologies for wireless localization of targets;
- developing of frontend software for localization systems
- implementation of a smart and efficient urban environment through a set of wireless sensor networks;
- design of WSNs for a smart city environment, including smart warehouse and precision farming;
- innovative Industry 4.0 oriented WSNs applications.
- introduction to information systems that supports decision making process (i.e., offer solutions);
- study of techniques for reducing the workload of complex systems management;
- study of algorithms providing tradeoff solutions to nontrivial problems.