The problems of detection and electromagnetic diagnostics.
Forward problem and inverse problem. Inverse problems in two steps: estimation problems and appraisal problems. Characteristics of an inverse problem: ill-position, non-linearity.
- Subspace-based optimization method (SOM);
- Retrieval of non-radiating currents;
- Multi-scaling inversion approaches;
- Global optimization techniques: Genetic Algorithms, Particle Swarm Optimization, Ant Colony Optimization;
- Inexact Newton method;
- Learning-by-examples (LBE) techniques: neural networks (NN), support vector machines (SVM);
- Qualitative imaging based on level set;
- Compressive sensing (CS) inversion approaches;
- Interval analysis (IA).
- Forward-backward time-stepping (FBTS);
- Inversion strategies of time-domain data from Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR).